We take special care of your special cargo
At Royal Express, we recognise that handling special cargo is different from traditional container shipping.
With more than 10 years of experience in transporting oversized and heavy shipments and an unparalleled global network, we have the capacity to deliver your special cargo to any part of the world. Our international team of special cargo experts have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the challenges involved, and are here to help you every step of the way.
We ship all types of special cargo
Oversized and overweight cargo is characterised by exceeding the proportions and capabilities of a single standard container. Whether you are shipping a 350-ton tugboat, a 46-metre crane arm or a 17-metre propeller, we have the expertise and equipment available to deliver. We provide tailored and efficient solutions for shipping your In Gauge, Out of Gauge and Break Bulk cargo.
In Gauge cargo
- The dimensions of the cargo are smaller than or equal to those of the flat rack or open top container (i.e. it requires special equipment but does not displace additional slots on the vessel)
- Examples of In Gauge shipments: machinery or large trees that can be lowered into an open top container
- If you are shipping In Gauge cargo, you can book your shipment in just a few minutes on royalexpress.pw
Out of Gauge cargo
- The dimensions of the cargo exceed the flat rack or open top container by length, width or height, but can still be unitised in containers
- Examples of Out of Gauge shipments: propellers, flanges or trucks
Break Bulk cargo
- Vastly exceeds the size and/or weight of a standard container and is therefore handled as non-unitised cargo and normally placed on a bed of flat racks with a large number of lashing points
- Examples of common Break Bulk shipments: yachts, masts, industrial machines or train carriages